Programs No Longer Administered by CDEThis repository contains information about programs and initiatives that were previously assigned to CDE staff, but where CDE does not have current staff assignments.
The California Department of Education (CDE) provides leadership and oversight for many educational programs and initiatives. Over time and due to changes in laws, educational policy, or funding priorities, the focus of CDE’s responsibility may change.
Below are links to general information, data, and resources for some of these programs and initiatives.
This information is for historical purposes only and it is possible that information contained here may not be current.
- Administrator Training Program (added 27-Feb-2017)
- Assembly Bill (AB) 1200 County Office of Education Fiscal Oversight (added 24-Mar-2016)
- Aiming High: High Schools for the 21st Century (added 22-Jan-2016)
- Advanced Placement Test Fee Reimbursement (added 13-May-2016)
- Apprenticeship (added 05-Nov-2014)
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) (updated 13-May-2016)
- Cal-SAFE (added 29-May-2015)
- CALTIDES (added 12-Jan-2017)
- Class Size Reduction (K-3) (added 11-Dec-2015)
- Education Jobs and Medicaid Assistance Act - Education Jobs Fund (added 13-May-2016)
- Healthy Start (added 01-May-2015)
- Middle and High School Supplemental School Counseling Program (added 30-Mar-2016)
- Morgan-Hart Class Size Reduction, Grade 9 (added 15-Jan-2016)
- National Board Certification Incentive Program (added 05-Jan-2015)
- Qualified School Construction Bond (added 27-Jan-2016)
- Service Learning (added 04-Feb-2015)
- Tech Prep Education (added 24-July-2015)
- Tenth Grade Counseling Program (added 30-Mar-2016)